Time for another monthly report on the fortunes of this site. It is now two months since I set up shop, and things are as interesting as ever.
This month the Photo Tips party continued. After a lull towards the end of May, traffic once again soared at the beginning of June, largely driven by social bookmarking activity on Stumbleupon. It did die down later in the month leaving me with a relatively low daily traffic figure, which Google Adsense claims is somewhere around the 500 page views per day range.
This is not really a bad place to be at the end of two months. But it has to be increased to former glories if I’m serious about making something of this site. Traffic figures for SamirBharadwaj.com in June 2007 were:
Total Pages — 256751
Total Visits — 65465
That is slight decrease of page views and a slight increase of visits as compared to last month.
Once again I can’t complain about all the free publicity, but I do need to be carefull not let this blog become a one trick horse. After some networking two other posts are starting to get some traffic from links and search engines, which is a positive sign. The two most popular posts besides the photo tips are currently How to assemble a Feedburner alternative using WordPress plugins and The BEST Action Movie Ever.
More blog carnivals happened in June and more kind people chose to include various posts from my blog. Here is a list below:
- Susan Borgas included The Road to Fujairah in the June 13 edition of her Arts and Stuff Carnival.
- Stephanie included Rediscover The Pure Pleasure Of Paper Crafts And Pop Up Cards in the June 28 edition of her Make It From Scratch Carnival.
- Randy over at TechLoaf included my Feedburner Alternative post in the June 4 edition of his Web 2.0 carnival and then again in the June 11 edition. Either he really liked the post or it was a mistake, but either way I’m very greatful. The carnival over at TechLoaf always has interesting links to browse through if you are into the more technical aspects of the web. I highly recommend that you have a look.
- How to assemble a Feedburner alternative using WordPress plugins was also included in the Make money blogging carnival, June 29 edition. Many thanks to Jon for the inclusion.
- In Search of the Perfect Blog Post was linked in the June 30 edition of the carnival of struggling bumbling newbies, also hosted by Jon.
- How to assemble a Feedburner alternative using WordPress plugins was linked in the [Digi]Blog Carnival.
- Emma included The BEST Action Movie Ever in her Simply Delightful! Carnival over at Treehouse Jukebox. Emma has a great blog that I highly recommend, especially if you are a book lover. I am now a regular visitor.
- How to assemble a Feedburner alternative using WordPress plugins was also included in the 3rd edition of All About Blogging by Alwitt Xu.
- Episode 34 and Episode 35 of the Carnival of Cinema included my review of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End and my review of The Village respectively. Thanks again to Scott Nehring for having me in his regular and ever entertaining carnival.
- Last but certainly not the least, the ever popular Top 5 tricks for taking professional looking photos was submitted by Hummie to the Digital Scrapbooking Blog Carnival #2. My thanks to Hummie for considering it worthy and for Connie for including it in the carnival.
The need to diversify my traffic still exists. And while I have been continuously making improvements, many more technical tweaks remain to be made.
One thing I need to look into specifically is getting more search engine traffic. I also need to see if I can package the blog towards more of a focused topic. While this is my personal blog and it will always be a bit all over the place, one central topic of discussion might give it a more solid back bone. Meanwhile keep coming back for more and commenting here. All your feedback and thoughts are always appreciated. To keep in touch with happenings here, please subscribe to my RSS feed. There is much more to come as another month dawns.