I recently stumbled upon the Blog Writing Project over at DailyBlogTips when there was less than a day to go for the deadline to submit a post on the theme of “Tips & Tricks”. The final list of entries was put up and my entry on taking sharp photos without a tripod was included.
It now falls on me, as part of the prescribed process, to select my favourites from the pack. I tried looking through these and selecting a “top 5″, a “top 10″, or something similar, but being the diverse articles that these are I find that impossible, and a bit unfair. So I have simply browsed through the entire 122 articles in the list, and selected those that stood out and displayed some excellence that attracted my attention:
- 5 Ways to Increase Internet Traffic to Your Blog by Aseem
A nice and short selection of tips to increase blog traffic by Aseem. I like the layout of this blog — very clean and functional.
- 10 Tips for Writing Bookmarkable Content by Skellie
Excellent tips from Skellie, many of which will give you some new content ideas immediately.
- Are Your Blog Posts Actually Useful? by Matt
Short, simple, and Matt makes a valid point.
- Tips on Gaining Page Views and Returning Visitors Using Post Series by Sarah
Sarah presents a good, well-organised article with a strong chunk of practical information for bloggers.
- 10 Simple Ways to Show Reader Appreciation by Ronald
Ronald takes a rarely taken route when it comes to blogging tips, and covers the social aspects of blogging and readership. Some real gems here.
- How To Build Lasting Relationships With Your Readers by Vivien
Another article about the social side of blogging, by Vivien. Very cleanly laid out and easy to read.
- 10 tips for successful presentations by Computhomas
Simple, practical, useful.
- 6 Tips to Generate Outstanding Ideas by Luciano
A well presented and multi-layered post from Luciano about the process of ideation.
- How to Keep Your Marriage, Despite you Heavy Metal Addiction by Alexandre
Hilarious! Enough said.
- Quick Meals, Not Fast Food by Geoff
Good practical advice on “quick” cooking. Geoff manages to pack a lot of tasty material into one post.
- 4 Easy Ways to Make More Money with Adsense by Egon
Excellent and truly useful tips for anyone using Google Adsense. Egon’s tip on implementing A/B Testing on its own is well worth the entry fee.
- 5 Ways to Become an Expert Online… and Make Money! by Chad
Simple, straight-forward and solid advice on becoming a recognised expert online. And Chad’s well written article appears in a blog with a very pleasing layout.
- 101 Tips and Tricks for Better Photos by Ciaran
Comprehensive! I think trying to pack in 101 actual tips into a single article might be a bit of overkill, BUT, I can’t argue with any of the actual content here. It is all good and simple A-Grade advice, so dig in.
- 10 Forums to Make You a Better Blogger by Fred
Fred creates a valuable resource by covering a slightly different angle (forums) of a well covered topic (blogging). Many links here I wasn’t aware of, so good job Fred!
- 5 Tips for Saving Money on a Colorado Ski Vacation by Stacy
I have never been sking in Colorado, nor do I plan to in the near future, but Stacy still gets my vote for writing some good solid useful content.
- How I Got Aerobed to Number One in Google by Julian
Julian present a step-by-step case study of the actions taken during the Search Engine Optimisation phase for a particular site. Enlightening.
- Optimize Your Webpage by Edward
I loved the bold layout of this blog, and Edward’s tips.
- How To Style Author Comments Differently by Michael
Good old fashioned code hacking instructions from Michael, which serve a useful purpose. Excellent.
- 9 Tips to be More Creative by CSS
CSS gives good advice in a well organised format.
- How to Setup a Domino Effect of Traffic by Steven
Steven provides tips and an excellent personal case study on how to use social media sites to generate traffic. Very interesting reading.
- Tips to Optimize Your Blog and Get Maximum Visits by Bikram
Various CSS friendly tricks to optimise your blog layout from Bikram.
- Forgotten Someone’s Name? Use These Tricks by Dee
Good honest tips from Dee on how to deal with a situation many of us face often. Some of these while perfectly practical are also quite humourous.
Good job everyone! And best of luck with the competition.